The Role of Data Storytellers at Pearl Analytics part of CI Group
22nd August 2023
Today businesses are more reliant than ever on data to make informed decisions. But data is only as valuable as it is understandable. That’s where data storytellers come in.
CI Group’s Data storytellers are highly analytical people with strong business acumen who analyse complex data sets and turn them into compelling stories that can be easily understood by business stakeholders. They use a variety of techniques, such as data visualization, infographics, and narrative writing, to interpret and make data come alive. The result offers readers actionable input to their responsibilities.
Before I share the reason’s from our Data Scientist perspectives why Data Storytelling is important to brands. Below you can see two reason’s from our clients, why they are repeatedly in favour of data story telling at CI Group:
- To educate and persuade: Our clients have continuous and various numbers of business workstreams which require performance tracking. They need to be able to understand the value their products and services are delivering. Our data storytelling helps our clients do just that by providing concise evidence of your results, aiding immensely when for example, educating stakeholders.
- Expert solutions and recommendations: Our data storytellers integrate their years of industry experience with their natural ability to identify patterns and trends, to contextualise insights from data and relate these to business objectives.
Some benefits of using data storytelling in Marketing from our data scientists and storytellers:
- Increased understanding of Marketing results data: leading to better decision-making and more effective investment decisions.
- Improved engagement: A story tells a thousand words and helps Marketing to more effectively engage other business stakeholders in present Marketing results
- Stronger relationships: When you share stories about how your data has helped your customers, you build trust and credibility. This makes them more likely to do business with you in the future.
- Increased sales: When you tell stories about how your data has helped customers achieve their goals, you create a clear and compelling case for why they should choose you.
Here are some tips for creating effective data insight stories:
- Start with a clear objective – What are the key questions you want to have answered?
- Analyse the right data – Linked to the questions you need to have answered focus on collecting and analysing the data most relevant to your audience and support your message.
- Use visuals to tell your story – Data visualizations help your audience understand the story behind complex data sets
- Know your audience – People have short attention spans, so make sure your insights story is easy your audience to take-away key actions
- Use storytelling techniques – insight stories are more compelling when you use storytelling techniques that aligns to the role a stakeholder plays in the business
- Ask for feedback – Ask stakeholders you are creating the insights story for, if their initial questions around the topic were answered, and if not what was missing
With a little planning and effort, you can create data stories that are both informative and engaging. These stories can help you achieve your marketing goals and build stronger relationships with your audience. Or alternatively, CI Group have an integrated analytics as a service offering supporting enterprise clients for such as Adobe, Dassault Systemes, HP, amongst a number of other global organisations.
If you’re interested, email our team to speak to one of our experts – firstname.lastname@example.org